Berkshire Area Chairman
As some of you my know, James Pearson has stood down as Area Chairman of Berkshire Conservative Future due to being sent overseas with the military. I would like to take this opportunity to thank James for all of his hard work and I hope you will all join me in wishing him all the best in the future.
We are, in line with the constitution, required to call an Annual General Meeting to elect a new Area Chairman. The timetable for which is outlined below:
Sunday 23rd September midnight Nominations and applications open
Sunday 30th September midnight Nominations and applications close
Tuesday 2nd October midnight Candidates announced
Saturday 6th October AGM will be called into session, details to be announced
The attached nomination form must be completed and signed in order to apply for the position and emailed to email@example.com before midnight on the 30th September 2012.
Please note that in the event that the election is uncontested, there will be no need to hold the AGM.
The role is ideal for someone who is wanting to take on a management position within the Conservative Party and live up to the responsibility which goes with it.
A good Area Chairman tends to have the following qualities:
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Flexibility to be able to travel around the Area
- A high level of professionalism
- A good grounding of experience within the Party, ideally a previous CF Branch Chairman
As Area Chairman, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting existing Branch Chairman in building their branches
- Finding new Branch Chairmen to setup branches in Constituencies which do not have CF branch
- Co-ordinating quarterly meetings with all Branch Chairmen in your Area
- Appointing and co-ordinating your Area CF Executive which should arrange (amongst other things): Campaign days & Events
I look forward to receiving the nominations and I will announce the candidates on the 2nd October.